Vermont Medical Society
Event and Program Assistant
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Date of Posting: October 16, 2019
The Vermont Medical Society is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours/week) event and program assistant to provide administrative and project support to the organization. The Vermont Medical Society is a membership organization serving over 2,000 physicians and physician assistants by providing advocacy, education and administrative services. The Assistant will also provide support for the Vermont Practitioner Health Program, a program that serves health professionals whose ability to practice medicine is impaired, or is at the risk of becoming impaired. Schedule will generally be 5 days/week, 7 ½ hours each day, with some flexibility needed to work occasional nights and weekends. Hourly rate $18-20/hour, depending on experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance.
Examples of Work:
- Coordinating logistics for meetings, events and conferences including site negotiation and selection; inviting and coordinating faculty and trainers; scheduling; advertising; registration; preparation of training materials/supplies/equipment; and program administration.
- Assisting Business Manager with financial tasks as required; such as reconciling bank and credit card statements.
- Membership support; including maintaining membership database and assisting with dues invoicing.
- Arranging travel for staff and event faculty; reconciling travel expenses.
- Attending Board and Committee meetings, taking and preparing minutes.
- Assisting staff with editing, preparing and/or formatting documents, as appropriate, such as newsletters, annual reports, and other documents as needed.
- General administrative support including mailing, scanning, faxing, copying, sorting mail, ordering office supplies, preparing and modifying documents.
- Being primary in answering all incoming calls.
- High school diploma; Associate’s Degree preferred with two years of relevant office experience
- Excellent computer skills with standard office hardware and software
- Outstanding attention to detail in all administrative skills
- Ability to plan, implement and coordinate administrative activities
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Excellent customer services skills, including telephone skills
- Strong communication skills
Submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to VMS Business Manager Colleen Magne at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.