VMS/Massachusetts Medical Society Partnership – Special Member Discount!
The Vermont Medical Society has formed a partnership with the Massachusetts Medical Society that gives VMS members a 25% discount on all of MMS’ online CME courses. To take advantage of this opportunity, please view this tutorial, which covers topics such as searching course offerings, using the discount code, creating a user account, and course payment.
Use code VMSCME20
To view MMS course offerings, click here. If you have any questions about the registration or login process, please contact the MMS Continuing Education Department at (800) 322-2303, ext. #7306, or Jessica Vautour via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General CME Offerings:
- . Multi-Specialty Courses.
- Comprehensive portfolio of more than 2,000 online CME activities, including free CME for AMA STEPS Forward™.
Medical School and State CME Programs:
- University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock CME
- Vermont Department of Health CME Opportunities: http://healthvermont.gov/hc/med_board/bmp.aspx and http://www.healthvermont.gov/events/index.aspx and Prescription Opioid Use Among Youth and Young Adults – Individual Clinic TA with Erica Gibson, MD, UVM. If practices are interested in scheduling a presentation, please contact the Vermont Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs Julie.Wasserman@Vermont.gov .
Vermont Physician Executive Leadership Institute:
- With the generous support of the Physicians Foundation, the VMS Education & Research Foundation is able to offer a leadership curriculum to all Vermont physicians interested in affecting the future of the region’s health care delivery system. For more information, visit: http://www.vmsfoundation.org/vpli
Online - Free - Low Cost
In an effort to keep Vermont’s physicians up to date on legal, regulatory, and practice management issues of importance to their practices, the Vermont Medical Society hosts a monthly series of free webinars. Taking place the third Thursday of each month from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., the webinars are open to VMS members, practice staff, and others interested in the practice of medicine. The 2020-2021 webinar series topics and dates will be announced shortly! For each session you will receive 1 AMA PRA Category 1 credit.
Cannabis Science and Medicine CME:
The University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine is offering five online modules with 1-2 hours of content focused on Cannabis for therapeutic use. The online, on-demand modules can be taken a la carte, and medical professionals can earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) units for each module successfully completed.
VMS members are eligible for a 50-percent discount. To take advantage, members should: 1) Click on "Register for this Module" next to the module they would like to complete; 2) At the beginning of the registration page under "Start Your Registration" members then enter “vms” in the box that says "(If Applicable) Please Enter Discount Code;”. The system will then automatically deduct 50% off from the total price of the event; 3) Proceed as normal to register.
- 2 CME credits per training. Boston University School of Medicine. S.C.O.P.E of Pain Trainings.
- 1-6 CME credits per course, please refer to MMS partnership information. Massachusetts Medical Society. Pain Management/Prescribing Opioids.
- Some topics meet prescribing controlled substances requirements. The University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine. Vermont Academic Detailing Program.
- Providers Clinical Support System. Substance use, pain management, medication adherence etc.
HIPAA & Compliance Medscape Programs:
Online - Free Medscape Account + (phone app info)
To view current CME courses and details, you must create an account first:
- Patient Privacy: A Guide for Providers (0.5 Category 1 CME Credit)
- HIPAA and You: Building a Culture of Compliance (0.5 Category 1 CME Credit)
- Examining Compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule (0.5 Category 1 CME Credit)
- . Massachusetts Medical Society. Palliative care, pain management, and communication with patients.
- Ariadne Labs materials. Communication in Serious Illness.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Alzheimer’s Association. Challenging Conversations About Dementia.
- Free if you belong to a member-organization. Center to Advance Palliative Care. Pain Management, Symptom Management and Communication Skills at the End of Life.
- Free, but membership required. National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Starting at $20, range of CME credits. American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Evidence-based AAHPM sessions, hosted by Relias.